Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Hammered Metal Bunny

Well, it's almost Easter and I wanted to make something.  I was inspired by this new embossing powder Emerald Creek Crafts Supplies just released... Hammered Metal.  So of course that means Easter!  
Or in this case Hammered Metal Bunny Bags.

I started with a bunch of my dies, movers and shapers, thinlits and magnetic plate.


I cut the bunnies out with mat board then inked with seedless preserves distress spray.  Then I added my Hammered Metal powder.  I added 2 coats of powder.


I really wanted to play with the new Hammered Metal embossing powder.  Look how yummy this is... so thick!!!



I cut the In the Bag bags using Kraft Paper then stamped with the Graph background stamp.  Check out these metal bunnies!


Once the bags are built I inked the edges with ground espresso distress ink.  The handwritten celebrate words are cut with Sizzix Watercolor pattern paper and inked with wilted violet.


I wanted to try my distress crayon seedless preserve on ribbon and see the effect.  I added a strip of colour down the center.  To get it to feather out I used a baby wipe and rubbed.


Check out how cute these are and simple.


By stamping the bag it helps break us the colour and adds a layer.


When you add 2 it gets super thick!  You can see the little pops of seedless preserves coming through.  This little guy looks almost like liquid.


Stuff with Easter treats and tie it off.


Check out Hammered Metal HERE at Emerald Creek.

I hope this quick project gives you some ideas for whipping something fun up.

Lets play...

Frilly and Funkie- Hip to be Square (bright colours)
A Vintage Journey- (Mat Board, purple, metal effect)
Anything But Cute- Crazy for Colour- (purples)
Creative Carte Blanche- Triple Trouble (metal bunny, graph stamp, sentiment)

Check out my Hyperlapse Video using the Hammered Metal Embossing Powder.



 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Looooove these!!! I had to get the powder after seeing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, Nicole, these are brilliant! I am going to get that fantastic powder! What a fantastic combination of metal and lilac! Absolutely beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous little Easter goody bags and I adore the hammered bunnies - really super work Nicole.
    Have a great Easter weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS bunnies! I need some hammered metal now! LOVE the bags too...so fun. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, these are so cute!! I think you might have gotten a little confused for Creative Carte Blanche - our challenge was corrugated, metal and lace. But these little bunnies are fun anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks Cheryl you guys can remove me;). So many challenges options... {giggle}

      Delete
    2. No, we don't want to do that! Just didn't want other entrants to be confused. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Nicole! I'm so happy you introduced us to that Hammered Metal powder. It is on my list for sure! Great job on the bunnies and sweet little project altogether! And there's the little gold wrapped chocolate bunny I could not find anywhere in the stores here! Hugs! and Hoppy Easter! Oh, and thank you for joining our Crazy For Color Challenge at Anything But Cute.Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining our Crazy for Colors challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I was so sure I had commented Nicole, it must have been over on FB (I am easily confused - lol). I just love that hammered metal effect, what great Embossing Powder! Your little Easter bags are an absolute delight!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Crazy for Colour' challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you too, for joining in at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute Nicole. Love the hammered metal bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that hammered metal effect Nicole and it looks wonderful with the Seedless Preserves peeking through! Hope you had a wonderful Easter, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hammered metal bunnies, Nicole! I put in an order at Emerald Creek, and Kim contacted me and said, if I add another item, I get free shipping. I emailed back and said I wanted that hammered metal I just saw Nicole using! :) It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Maura! Thank you for sharing and I cannot wait to see what you whip up! YIPPEE!

      Delete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts