Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Counting Down to Santa

As we near the holidays I thought I would create one of these perpetual calenders and count down to Christmas!  How could I not when I say Candy over at Creativity is Contagious!  I just LOVED her calendar and set out to create one.  The one I made at Halloween (click HERE) was pretty popular not only on my blog but in my home.  Once I saw Candy's I knew I needed to make one.
 
Check out Candy's instructions HERE.  She has a GREAT tutorial on how to make one.  Although my blocks are bigger so I had to make my own measurements.  But the numbering of the blocks hurts my brain...and she has them written out for you!  LOVE Candy's creativity...it's contagious!
 
My blocks are 2" so I had to work around those.  I measured mine at 2 1/4"x 5" (x3) to hold the blocks.  And the sides are cut at 2 1/4" x 2.  The numbers are Block Talk Alphabet cut with grunge paper.  So it sets the blocks a little crooked.  Stamp numbers if you want them straight.  There's even a Christmas Word Band tucked under there "have a holly jolly christmas"
 
 
I inked the TH Bottle Brush tree with peeled paint re-inker.  Then I hot glued some Christmas lights I grabbed at Walmart.  I love this glittery vintage Santa! Both the Santa and foil presents are $1 Store finds.

 
I just can't stop using the Santa stamp from Old Fashioned Christmas and my new Ornate Frame die.  They just go with EVERYTHING!  I stamped on water colour paper, inked with markers and then blended with my water brush.  Santa's white furry bits are glittered with Rock Candy Distress Glitter.
 
 
Candy used the flourish die for the sides on her calendar.  It was one of my first dies and I rarely use it.  But I love having it on hand when I need a flourish!  I painted and distress glittered in peeled paint.  Then at the back I attached the battery pack for my Christmas tree lights using Velcro!

 
I finished off with some garland from the new holly, beaded and snowflake stripe die, the mini toy soldier and the mini wreath.
 
 
Wrapping the chipboard cuts with my scrap Merriment paper pack is a great way to use up the odds and ends.  Adding the pediment topper, tinsel and a ton of distress glitter make this red and green counting down to Santa calendar festive and fun!
 
I love being inspired by my fellow crafters and Candy really inspired me this week! 
 
You can check out Simon Says Challenge Blogs, Monday and Wednesday to upload your Christmas or Tim Holtz/Ranger inspired projects.  Like me:)
Photobucket

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Nicole! What did you use as the "box" where you build it all in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic piece and amazing that Candy inspired you with her wonderful countdown piece. Yours is equally fabulous. Love all the details. Thanks so much for joining in the Simin Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great entry for our challenge, Nicole - your details are so fun! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun piece, and how amazing Candy had inspired you to make this beauty. Stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome Nicole.
    I love the traditional colours and all the sparkle
    I really love the working lights!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy's piece was incredible and you have done such a fantastic job on yours! Love the way you decorated your tree and the Santa is gorgeous. How wonderful too that you were inspired by Candy! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAntastic works! Love all in your piece!!!! congrats on your win !!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole...I ADORE your countdown to Christmas piece!!! See...I told you it would be better than mine! haha Thanks for the nice comments about mine on your blog. :) You are crazy talented, my friend! :) I'm so glad that you like the Vintage Christmas wreath that we'll be doing in a workshop this weekend. I ADORE making them and they truly do become such a treasured part of your Christmas decor. Add little family photos or other sentimental little trinkets to them .... they are so fun. Thanks again so much for your sweet comments you left on my blog and on your post. I LOVE LOVE your Countdown piece! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous! I have a cheap countdown I bought from the dollar store ... I should make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nicole! I can't wait to see what you come up with for this stamping challenge. I'm sure it will be amazing! :) The last one of the year for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Thanks so much for your sweet comment that you left on my blog. I used to love Gathered Twigs as my favorite brown and I still love it. But Archival Potting Soil....oh man....a whole new love of that brown! It's such a rich, gorgeous brown. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is spectacular! Love every bit, and especially that lively Santa! Candy is an excellent inspirer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts