Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Skirtin' Around- Wedding Tag

As with any purchase I make I ask my myself how versatile will this be?  Unless I can think up multiple uses I won't get it.  Certainly the Grass die (Tapered Fringe) fit this for me.  I really like it...so now to challenge myself on how to use it.
 
What to do with this grass die? Make it a WEDDING DRESS!  Shut the Front Door...layers of tissue cut with this die makes for a great dress.  Oh those middle of the night inspirations!

But first, the tag.  I sprayed my tag with Adhesive and glued some heavy duty tin foil.  Then embossed with the new French Script folder.  I painted gold, sanded then heat some UTEE.  Seriously, so pretty!


I cut and layered tissue with Tapered Fringe, starting at the bottom of the Sewing Room Dress Form die.  I also glued the matching tissue to the dress form.  I'm going for a monochromatic look here.


To achieve a "bust" I simply glued a little cotton then folded the tissue over it.  I tied and glued the gold bow, then hot glued this old metal button of my grandmother's.


Layering the 2 small Tattered Floral flowers cut with Oven Liner.  I embossed and inked the larger flowers, layering 3x.  Curl the tips for a fluffy look.


I cut a little banner and stamped "Always & Forever" from TH Simple Sayings, attaching with the Tiny Attacher.  Along the bottom is some Tinsel, heated and inked with more gold paint.

 
This Wedding Tag is a challenge for me to find a new way to use my new Grass die (Tapered Fringe;)  I might attach the tag to a card or simply drape it over my favourite bottle of
French Wine as a wedding gift:o)
 
I would like to know your thoughts on what you would use the Grass die for?
Photobucket
 
 

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Nicole! I think I might have to get this die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously this is freakin, awesome...
    Love your use of this die, I would never have thought to use it for this.
    Your dress is beautiful.
    I am blown away by this one Nicole, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.. Unbelivable what you have done with the dies.. you should have them all.. take care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts