Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Lunch Bag Mini Album

 
I made a paper bag mini for my in laws for Christmas. The paper bags are lunch bags. I loaded them up will all sorts of goodies. Take your time looking. 
 
This is my first time making Mini Albums.  I found the process building the paper bag into the album frustrating.  So, in the end I winged it. 
 
For the binding I used grunge paper to wrap.  It's just pliable enough.  I aged it and cut the edge Distressed Doily.   
 
 
Seriously, this poinsettia die is good for anything.  Not just Christmas!  Cut the flower using grunge paper, tissue paper and then age it with ink.  I then coated with Rock Candy Stickles.  The metal button is from my Grandmothers stash I just got.  So cool... 

 
The main paper is all from a Recollections pack...Ummm Union Square?  I used various papers, tags and small paper bags for tucking in goodies. 
 
 
I'm not much of a sticker person.  However, I found them useful when making these albums.  This sticker pack is a Tim Holtz pack I picked up at 70% off last year!  STEAL...
 
 
The Artful Dwellings die (on the left) is perfect for making a scene.  I used Distress Stains, Weather Wood, Broken China and Picket Fence for this page.  A family photo on a #5 embossed tag...oh ya!  The other side is my oldest son tucked into the broken birdcage.

 
Again (on the left) the Tattered Poinsettia cut with that glossy Kraft paper stuff.  The 3 gents are simply stamped on grunge paper and a photo of my husband and I are attached to a tag and tucked into a pocket. Using these pockets gives the "Gift-E" an adventure in exploring their new mini album!

 
More pockets and family photo's.  But a page with stamped tags, stickers and grunge cutouts makes the page fun and full of dimension!  Look at your scrap paper.  I made a banner with mine.

 
Here on the back you cab see the binding I wrapped.  And a final touch with a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps!  Just looks more finished!


 
It's been a few weeks since I made these albums.  Just go onto YouTube and type in Brown Paper Bag Mini Album.  You'll find some great tutorials.  The one I watched was hard to follow.
 
This one was for my Mother In Law.  I still have my Father In Laws to show you. 
 
Thanks for looking:)


Comments

  1. Wonderful as always!!!!!!1
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff; can't wait to see the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Nicole, very finished :) I tried one once and got fed up. You have great vision and pull all the elements together just beautifully. Wish I had the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I received one at Christmas from one of the ladies in our church. She had asked for our favorite recipes and wouldn't say why she wanted them, and when our Christmas party came she gave each one of the ladies one with all the recipes we gave her in it. It was the first time I had ever seen one, I loved it right away, and now I just have to make one, so I googled it too, found a few different ways to do them, and can't wait to make one. Just got to get a little time. Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Nicole, hoping to get the poinsettia die! It is so cool! I love mini-albums,but I have only ever made one! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Nicole, need to get that poinsettia die! Mini-albums are so neat, but I have only ever made one! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts